Friday, December 27, 2013

Pre-Trip Thoughts

I don't know how to do the "blog thing", so apologies in advance. 

Ew, packing. I've got my camera, malaria meds, and passport. Also the ornament Pastor Kevin gave me. I'll include a photo so you can see how awesome it is. It's a peace sign made of recycled aluminum from a Fair Trade artisan in South Africa. (Good find, Rev Kev!) This isn't just a post about how fantastic my ornament is: I want to say thanks. Thanks to Kevin, of course. Also to everyone who helped me financially- there's no way I could do this without you! Thanks so my teachers for being flexible and cooperative with me missing 2 weeks of school. Thanks to the Wolford-Wright clan for all the support. I wish I could have seen you more this Christmas. And I think that's all the thanks.

Now that that is out of the way... The plane leaves Burlington tomorrow at 9:30 ish. From there, I'll go to DC and then take a group flight to Dakar, Senegal. I don't know if we change planes there or not... (Can I say I've been to Senegal if I really only paused on the runway as they refueled the plane?) And then we fly to Johannesburg! I hope everything goes smoothly, with no cancelled/delayed flights. We'll see... That's it for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment